Concrete Leveling and Lifting
Sinking and settling concrete slabs is a huge problem for many of homeowners. This is why it is important to keep a lookout for signs of this issue in your home’s foundation and begin concrete leveling services as soon as any problems are found. Concrete lifting services from Reliable Masonry and Waterproofing can help you get your slab foundation back to normal in no time. The concrete leveling process is great for several different types of slabs, such as home foundations, garage foundations, porches or patios, warehouse or shop floors, pools, driveways or sidewalks, etc. Two common methods of concrete lifting as slabjacking and mudjacking.
Problems Caused By Concrete Shifting
- Uneven or Sloped Floors
- Settling or Sinking Slabs
- Slab Cracks
- Drainage or Runoff Problems
- Pooling Water on Slab
- Misaligned or Slabs
Causes of Concrete Settling
There are several different things that can cause a slab to settle. One of these is poor soil compaction when the slab was laid. If the soil was not properly packed, it will sink from the weight of the slab over time, leading to slab settlement.
The slab can also sink due to erosion or soil shrinkage. Both of these cause the soil under the slab to shift, as it is washed away by excess water in erosion or shrinks up due to lack of moisture in soil shrinkage. This forms voids under the slab that do not offer enough support for the concrete, causing it to sink and possibly crack.
Other causes of a misaligned or sinking slab are freezes/thaw cycles or uncontrolled vegetation growth. As the ground freezes and thaws, the soil expands and contracts, causing heaving and settlement of the foundation. If trees or shrubs are growing too close to the foundation, the roots of these plants can push on the foundation, causing it to shift, crack, and settle.
Concrete Lifting Benefits for Your Home
Slabjacking and mudjacking, the main methods we use for concrete leveling, involve drilling holes in your slab and injecting a grout beneath the concrete to fill voids and lift the slab. This method not only restores the slab to the proper position, but it also offers many other advantages. Some of these advantages are:
- Fast Curing Time for Quick Repair: The process takes only a few hours, making it quick and convenient.
- Same Day Use of Slab: Once done, your slab can be used immediately, cutting down on the loss of use.
- Effective Void Filling Method: Concrete lifting fills in holes and gaps beneath the concrete to create a solid base.
- Seals Cracks and Joints: Closes slab cracks formed by settlement and sinking.
- Economical Option: Much less expensive than tearing out and replacing old concrete.
- Grout Strengthens Entire Slab: Provides solid base and supports the weight of the structure to contribute to a stronger foundation.
- Long-Lasting Solution: Fixes current issues and prevents future foundation problems and damage.
For more information on the concrete leveling and lifting options that we provide for our customers in the Richmond, Virginia and surrounding area, contact us today. The team at Reliable Masonry and Waterproofing is happy to help you out.