Common Problems with Brick, Stone, & Masonry in Richmond, VA
It is hard to escape the masonry problems that affect older homes in Richmond, VA. At one time or another, you are likely to encounter these issues. Nothing is indestructible, especially when it is constantly exposed to rain, snow, hail, wind, heat, and freezing temperatures. Your brick, stone, and masonry will get old and broken down, just like a roof, or any other part of your home or business. That is why you need to take care of it as you would any other part of your home or business. Some common problems that can affect brick, stone, and masonry are:
- Crumbling – created through water damage, foundation failure, and/or age.
- Chipping – caused by age, water damage, foundation failure, and a variety of other problems.
- Flaking – caused by water seeping into bricks through pores, and heat making the brick expand and flake.
- Cracking – floor, ceiling, wall, stair step, and foundation cracks are all things that you should watch out for.
- Efflorescence – a white, crusty calcium residue left over when water evaporates and leaves a salt covering behind.
Masonry Problems & Repair Solutions by Reliable Waterproofing & Masonry in Virginia
These issues are all common problems that affect brick, stone, and masonry, so if you notice these problems around your Virginia home, make sure to contact us here at Reliable Waterproofing & Masonry as soon as possible. These could be signs of more urgent problems, especially if you are noticing more than one. Luckily, we have a variety of solutions such as brick re-pointing, concrete restoration, masonry repair, foundation repair, and waterproofing.
So, no matter what your problem may be, we can help. Our team of professionals is experienced and knowledgeable in all areas of repair, and many of our repair tools and products are supplied by Earth Contact Products — also known as “the Very Best” in foundation repair and waterproofing products — so you can rest easy knowing you area receiving top quality repairs, products, and service. Contact us today to learn more about our foundation repair, waterproofing, and masonry problems and repair services. Our service area includes Richmond, Virginia and all of Northern Virginia. Give us a call today!